Nothing like starting the day with a breakfast that supplies your entire sodium and saturated fat allowance (and half your daily calories) in one “breakfast sandwich.” Krishanna captures the craziness of these fast-food offerings in the blog Personal Chef to Go. “The fast food giants are drumming up increasingly cheesy, steak-y, fried chicken-y breakfast dishes that tap into flavor combinations that have proven successful for lunch and dinner items,” she writes.
Americans love their big breakfasts (me included). But this meal, the one that should give you the best nutrition after your body has fasted all night long, can be your undoing. The cheap, convenient meals below are beyond reason.
Ready? Here they aaarrrreee….
1. Carl’s Jr. Breakfast Burger
2. McDonald’s Big Breakfast with Hotcakes
3. Burger King Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Platter
4. Burger King Double Croissan’wich with Sausage Egg and Cheese
5. Hardee’s Double Sausage Egg n’ Cheese Biscuit
6. Hardee’s Loaded Breakfast Burrito
7. Hardee’s Low Carb Breakfast Bowl
8. Jack in the Box Steak and Egg Burrito
9. Jack in the Box Extreme Sausage Sandwich
10. Chick-fil-A Sausage Biscuit
Happy Halloween, everyone. Let’s try to live to see our next one!