What’s on a chef’s Christmas list? Probably another arm or two. Seriously, think of the ballet involved when the dinner rush closes in.
This week, we feature jobs where there is never a dull moment. All hands on deck.
1. The Grand Summit Hotel and Conference Room in Mt. Snow, VT needs a talented and experienced Executive Chef. Multiple high-end food venues including a restaurant/pub, conference facility and banquet. No time for skiing probably, but killer views from the kitchen.
2. Want to learn from one of the best in the business? Todd English’s Ca Va restaurant at the Intercontinental in NYC needs a Sous Chef who “puts the same amount of passion into her job as in her hobbies, whether it’s sports, shopping or reading good books.” Kind of a cool thing to say in a job description.
3. See yourself as the next Jamie Oliver? Here’s a chance to wow high school students with great cuisine as Executive Chef in a Colorado Springs, CO school district…if you can get mega-employer Sodexo to let you cook your way.
4. The pay ain’t much, but who wouldn’t want a name like Big Willie’s Saloon and Grill on their resume? Show North Dakota some serious cheffing.
5. You know when it says “ability to produce with sense of urgency,” you won’t be bored. Nice opportunity in Tulsa OK for an Executive Pastry Chef familiar with classic French techniques, from-scratch cafe cuisine and … yes … chocolate truffles. Knowledge of English-style tea service a plus.