Culintro (Culinary Trade Organization) started in 2009 as a virtual meeting place/career center/newsroom for restaurant professionals. It’s a very useful and attractive site, focusing entirely on . Here are a few gems from the job board:
1. National PR Director, ESquared Hospitality, NYC. Plugged-in publicist and public relations expert for a large portfolio of restaurants worldwide.
2. General Manager, Hapa Ramen. Famous ramen food stand launched by Richie Nakano soon opens a permanent spot on Mission Street in San Francisco. They’re looking for a flagship GM to keep things fun, sane and profitable.
3. Executive Chef, luxury catering. Feeding celebrities and VIPs with creative, fresh offerings is what this role is all about. Neat chance to establish a Southern California outpost of an established high-level catering company.
It’s been awhile since our last job roundup! The outlook seems brighter somehow. Here are a few interesting opps we rounded up this week:
Tiverton RI executive chef at Hemenway’s Seafood Grill and Oyster Bar.
Executive Chef Chris Windus is looking for “confident people, seasoned, with chops to keep up” at Todd English’s bluezoo.
Dinner Lab, a unique site pairing chefs with consumers with interesting dining venues, is looking for talented chefs de partie in Austin, Texas. The hourly isn’t the highest in the world but as they say, it’s a good place to test your chops and only one year of experience required.
Schools may be closed right now, but some of them are going to be this much closer to offering fresh food in the cafeteria when fall rolls around. A new social app called FoodHub allows farmers and school food providers to talk to each other…and best of all, do business with each other. The app, created by EcoTrust, is already in use by 125 school districts in the Pacific Northwest. “It tells us who is interested in buying local,” says EcoTrust’s Farm to School manager Stacey Sobell.
And now for some fresh job opps:
1. Marcus Samuelsson, the indefatigable chef and owner of Red Rooster in Harlem, needs a few good pastry cooks asap. Send your resume and references here.
2. New, cool-looking Italian restaurant in Atlanta needs a sous chef with two years fine dining experience and a “passion for cooking.” Focus at Cibo e Beve is on Italian cuisine using seasonal, local ingredients.
New home of WIchita's first boutique hotel...and newest celebrity chef.
3. Wichita, Kansas has room for its own celebrity chef. The opening of the city’s first boutique hotel in the 1926 Ambassador Hotel building includes the Siena Tuscan Steakhouse Restaurant, which needs an executive chef to get things launched. Be “ready to make this restaurant an outstanding success.”